Wespine relocated to the beautiful South West Shire of Dardanup in early 2017, and is now totally based at the Moore Road mill site. Since moving our operations from Welshpool, we’ve been passionate about increasing our integration into the Dardanup and other South West communities.
Recently, Wespine introduced a new donations and sponsorship policy that formed an employee committee to review and assess applications received from the surrounding communities bi-annually. Applications are generally open in July and February of each financial year.
Wespine also sponsors the iconic Dardanup Bull and Barrel Festival, held in October each year, with financial and product support. Other organisations who have recently benefitted from the donations of product include the Bunbury Shedworks program and the Leschenault Mens Shed in Australind.
FY2019 Round One Community Donations Fund recipients included:
- Dardanup Central Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade to keep food and drinks cold when out protecting our community
- Collie Agricultural Society for the 2018 Collie Show log chopping event prizes
- Wellington Mills Community Association for the purchase of a defibrillator
- Allanson Bush Fire Brigade for the purchase of a food hot box for use when fighting fires
- West Dardanup Bushfire Brigade for the extension of their shed
- South West Model Engineers to replace the sleepers at the model railway track
- Upper Ferguson Bush Fire Brigade to assist with the refurbishment of their kitchen
- Thomson Brook Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade for the purchase of a defibrillator